The Sussex Chanctonbury Cup
2017 Poetry Competition.
The entries were invited ON ANY SUBJECT
- 1st £150. The author of the 1st Prize will also be awarded The Jim Johnston Chanctonbury Cup to be held for a period of one year.
- 2nd £100
- 3rd £50
Closing date: 15st May 2017
Cost: £5.00 first poem and £3.00 for each additional submission
Winners will be notified individually & all results will be published on the Web Site by 30th June 2017.
Adjudicator: Janet Sutherland
Janet has three poetry collections from Shearsman Books. Bone Monkey (April 2014) is the most recent. Her work has appeared in many magazines including Poetry Review, New Statesman, New Humanist and The North and her poems are widely anthologised: from The Virago Book of Love Poetry to The New British Poetry 1968-88 (Paladin). She is a founder member of the Needlewriters cooperative which organises poetry events in Lewes. Her website is janetsutherland.co.uk.
• All entrants for 2017 must be living, studying or currently working, in East Sussex, West Sussex or Brighton.
• Poems must not have previously won a prize in any competition, have been published, or been accepted for publication before the closing date, either online or in print.
• Poems not to exceed ‘50 lines’ nor carry any means of identifying the author.
• Each poem must be on a separate A4 sheet and 2 copies of each poem must be submitted.
• All entries must be received by the Competition Secretary no later than 15th May 2017.
• Name of the competitor & title(s) of poem(s) must be listed on the Entry Form or a cover sheet to which a cheque for the total entry fee must be attached.
• Correct postage must be paid to avoid disqualification and forfeiture of your entry fee.
• The copyright of all poems remains with the author. Authors of cash winning poems only agree to allow inclusion of their poems on the Slipstream web site in the 2017 Competition Results Section. Any ‘Commended’ poems and their authors will be posted only by name.
The author of the 1st Prize will also be awarded The Jim Johnston Chanctonbury Cup to be held for a period of one year. Venue, time and place will be notified and other prize winners and authors of any commended poems, will be invited to read their work.
The Closing Date – 15th May 2017
REMEMBER – 2 COPIES OF EACH POEM PLEASE, EACH ON A SEPARATE SHEET.